Noemi and I at Gano.
Gano only has food ministry. We have kids club, teens club, and pre-teens club. Monday mornings we plan for the week and in the afternoons we go to Moody Park to play with the kids; hopefully they will want to come to kids club afterwards. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays we interview people for food ministry. We get a lot of homeless people and single mothers. We also get mothers whose husbands spend their money on the wrong things. For example, we did a prayer walk the other day. Some of the houses look like they are barely standing, but they have cars that are not even two years old in the driveways. On Thursdays we have our senior ministry. The come and play dominoes and do arts and crafts. Critters just hang out with them and eat lunch with them. Two ministers come and preach for half an hour each, one in English and one in Spanish. Gano also has a lawn care ministry; I do not believe that I will be a part of that.
I am the food pantry assistant for Gano. I will help load the food truck, take it to Joy, and then bring it to Gano. I will unload the food in the food pantry, keep it organized, and distribute the food to the people that we interview. Also, I am a teacher at kids club. I am teaching ages 6 and 7. Please pray for me in both ministries so that I can glorify God through all of it. No one leaves Gano without hearing the Gospel.
1 comment:
Hey Spongey, I am glad you made it there safe and know you will have a major impact on many lives. My prays will be with you throughout the summer and if you need anything you know the number. Let's cross our fingers that I will be able to visit and see exactly what you are doing. Have fun and stay safe!!!
P.S. Please give the food to the people you interview and don't keep it to yourself FAT KID!!! LOL
Post a Comment