Sunday, June 17, 2007

Food Interviews

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the exact same. From 9am to 2pm we interview people who come to the Gano center for food. People are interviewed in the gym and then go to the food pantry to get the food. I will work in the pantry on these days because I am the food pantry assistant. Haley, the food pantry director, makes a "grocery list" of what to distribute for the day; we use what we have the most of. We put bags in grocery carts and go around the pantry preparing the bags so that they are ready when the people leave the gym. We have three different carts labeled by family size: 1-3, 4-6 and 7+.
This past week was slow; but I'm told that it can get really busy. Please pray for the families that come in. They really need the food to feed their family. Many have at least three kids. Pray that we touch their lives so that they can spend money on the necessities in life and not on pleasures. Thank you!

No comments: