God sure has been blessing us! Tuesday morning an elderly woman came to get interviewed to receive food. Noemi was signing her in when her head began to spin (not in an Exorcist type of way). The lady then began to shiver. A man who came into the center told us to get cold towels to wrap around her neck. I was in the food pantry the whole time, but the towels worked until the ambulance came to get the woman. This event frightened Noemi, as you can imagine; but she is much better. God placed them man there for the a reason! He only came to get a Bible and he ended up possibly saving the senior's life.
At the Taste of Texas with my heart-shaped-chicken

Tuesday evening we went to the Taste of Texas. It is a well known steak house in Houston. The owners are Christian and usually have the Critters come once a summer for free! The cheapest steak on the menu is about $23 so it's a big deal for them to invite us. The restaurant played only Christian music. I have never been to a restaurant that did that. The atmosphere was very nice; there were historic Texas pieces placed along the walls. I gave up red meat so I was the only one who had chicken but it was really good! While I was there I thought to myself "I'm in Texas in a
REAL Texas steak house!"
Ginger (BMC Director) and I at the Taste of Texas

The whole gang (15 Critters, 3 Interns, 2 House Parents & 1 Director)
eating at the Taste of Texas.

The Taste of Texas does us a favor by inviting us to eat there but it comes at a big price. We have to leave Kids Club early. They want us at the restaurant before the rush of paying customers. Therefore we have be there and ready to order by 5pm. Kids Club is from 3-5 so we left about an hour early. However, Seoul Baptist Church was our first volunteer group at Gano. The teens youth group came. Seoul is a Korean church in Houston. They have came to the Baptist Mission Center five out of the last six years. They were a great, hard working group! I have to admit they were the first group of Christian Koreans I have ever met. I do not mean the in a negative way. I have met Koreans before; but I did not know their faith. The presence of the group spoke to me because they reminded me that God loves us all the same, weather you are Black, White, Mexican or
Korean.
Please continue to pray for me. I am starting to get a little homesick. I have never wanted to live in a dorm and now I am sharing a bedroom with nine other girls. It is a new experience, not a bad one though. Kids Club is going well! Thank you for all your prayers. Please continue to pray that as I minister to these kids that I am explaining it in a way that they understand. I want them to have Jesus in their heart just as we have Him in our hearts.
No comments:
Post a Comment